Friday 2 November 2012

The Tumour !!

I forgot to mention in yesterdays post that when I saw one of the surgical team I asked him if he had been in on the operation. The answer was yes, so I asked him about the tumour. Apparently it was about the size of a tennis ball, so not exactly small. When you consider that 6 weeks ago I had no idea it was there, it gives you some idea how quickly it had developed, and that's pretty frightening !! Lets hope it the last time.

The size of the tumour would account for the rather large dent I have in the back of my stump, but I guess that will balance out in time as the healing process kicks in.  Another interesting thing is that Mr Skinner, the surgeon, made the incision along the the old scar line so I'll only have the one scar, not that having two would bother me. Also they used clips to close the wound, and I'm happy with that they come out painlessly as opposed to stitches.

The clips are due to be taken out on the 13th, and today I arranged with our GP practice nurse for an appointment. Following on from that I'll be sent an out-patients appointment to see Mr Skinner in approx 3 weeks for a check up, and I have the appointment with Dr Seddon at UCLH on the 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment