Tuesday 16 October 2012

News Update

As promised the hospital phoned today. The first call was from the pre-admissions nurse who said that as I would be coming in soon for an operation she needed to go throu a list of questions to ensure that I was fit and healthy for the operation. She had no information regarding my admission date, but gave me the telephone No of Mr Skinners operation scheduler and said I should phone her after 3.00 if I hadn't heard anything.

Soon after that call the phone rang again with the news that I would be going in on Tuesday 30th. Brilliant !!

A little later I received another call to say that I had an appointment booked for 12.15 at The new Macmillan Cancer Center at UCLH to see Dr Seddon and discuss the possibility of radiotherapy after the operation.

All in all a good day, and as a very good mate of mine, Mr Abbott said, "now there's a light at the end of the tunnel" to which my reply was "its been a bloody long tunnel"




No comments:

Post a Comment