Tuesday 25 September 2012

Slowly Recovering

For the last few days I haven't really felt up to much, so I've been taking it easy. I'm back to sleeping 10/11 hours a night which I put down to the morphine that I'm taking. Things are slowly getting easier as the days go by.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my GP nurse to have the stitches taken out that held the 2 drains in position, I'll also get the nurse to check the wound for me. The wound itself has dissolvable stitches which go after a couple of weeks. It's interesting that you come out of surgery with a 12" wound across your back, and there is no dressing. You are encouraged to start showering the day after surgery, this starts the stitches to commence dissolving.

This time round the opertion has taken a lot more out of me, and as I have a fair bit of bruising I'm assuming that my ribs were pulled around a lot more, and thats why it's taking longer to recover.

Thursday I have an MRI scan on my stump, at Stanmore hospital. The result of this will be discussed at Mr Skinner's usual Friday meeting, and I should get the results the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment