Thursday 9 August 2012

This morning was the first day of the rest of my life

And I started it off with my first solo walk around my close, and I also ventured a little further into the next road. I was stopped by a friend passing in her car who was really surprised to see me doing so well on my first day. Also when I got back to my close I was met by one of my neighbours taking his dog for a walk, I stopped and we had a chat for 5 mins, both of us commenting on how much we were enjoying the Olympics. As I was out for about an hour the two stops I had helped me to rest.

So that was a first, let loose by myself with my new leg, and no falls !!

Home after that for a quick shower, and our long time friend Dallas picked us up to collect our new car. Thanks for that Dallas - much appreciated

This is it on our drive.
The journey home was interesting as I had to use my left leg, and I haven't driven an automatic for a while. However it didn't take long to acclimatise and within 10 mins I felt comfortable. We took the longer scenic route home rather than going through the centre of Colchester which was better with less traffic.

So now I'm mobile and it really is a very good feeling.

If there's one thing I've learnt over the past year it's
"Don't take anything for granted in life, everything is special"

No comments:

Post a Comment