Monday 16 July 2012

First day in Rehab !!

Intensive leg training is tough !!  It's not going to be easy. Today I had 2 sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. This will be the pattern for the rest of the week, with sessions lasting up to an hour and a half.

I found today's  sessions really hard. It's having confidence in the leg that it will do what it's supposed to do, when you want  it to.  Also if you stand on one good leg you can balance because you can compensate with small foot movements to remain balanced. With a prosthesis you can't do this because it's inert !!  Anyway tomorrows another day, and I know I will improve and progress further.

I'm also going for a test drive in what will possibly be my new car. I have a salesman picking me up at 1.30 for a test drive and inspection.


Any guesses what make ??
Another update tomorrow on progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment